Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

manuals

straub18045

I just picked up briggs manual ce8069. It has all the info I need for overhaul on my 1977 16hp iron briggs. Is there a supplement manual for the complete pto assembly with specs,pics as such?

quote:Originally posted by straub18045

I just picked up briggs manual ce8069. It has all the info I need for overhaul on my 1977 16hp iron briggs. Is there a supplement manual for the complete pto assembly with specs,pics as such?

id="quote">
id="quote">PTO for what? Briggs doesn't mess with PTO's

Sorry, the pto on the front of my Briggs engine. Everything is getting rebuilt front the ground up. I want to make sure everything is proper.

Are you looking for something about the front PTO to drive a snowblower?

Try this...

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEBGP_fqN6tG5EPa7mRgtLvBCd6.pdf

I don't think it will have all the information you're looking for though. By the way, that is a Simplicity part, not Briggs (well, I guess technically it IS a Briggs part now, but when it was designed, it was Simplicity)

Mike i don't believe those schematics go with a 1690202, there not the same as the pictures on parts tree anyway. I was just wondering if there was a manual available.

Mike i don't believe those schematics go with a 1690202, there not the same as the pictures on parts tree anyway. I was just wondering if there was a manual available.

id="quote">
id="quote">There is no repair manual per see'. You have three wear items, the bearing for the cup, the clutch facing in the cup and two brake pads on the release collar. The clutch facing new is approx. .09375 or 3/32" so if is worn down to a 1/16, you've only used a third. It'll last a life time if you snap it in on engagement rather the easing it in. The bearing you should be able to tell if it is good. The two brake pads is anybody's guess. If you have 3/32" or so , you should be good to go. The only adjustment is the release collar distance,

quote:Originally posted by Hick

I do believe there were reduction boxes on some Briggs engines. IIRC, they replaced the oil pan.

id="quote">
id="quote">Briggs never had but one basic oil pan with a couple of fill drain locations. The bulge you refer to could be the synchro - balance cover. Kohler had different oil pan options and it wasn't as easy to get replacement engines like a Briggs.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah, it does. I also have a 1690202, and that is the front PTO I'm running. Maybe provide some pictures of what you're looking for?

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

There will not be a repair manual for it. There should be an operator's and instruction manual for installation. Try this book:http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEAGP_cwP8tG5Exj7mRgtLvBCd6.pdfIt provides adjustment and operation specs for both the PTO and the blower.

id="quote">
id="quote">IMO this is the most helpful and informative manuals on snowblowers I have ever seen!If you are talking about the front clutches for the snowblower, there is really not much to them. As long as nothing looks really worn and the bearing is OK, it should be good. I just put one on my 7016 over the weekend.:D