Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor collection

720nut

This is an article from News Herald paper in Franklin Pa. in 2005 that they did on my dad and his tractors. I've told several of you about his collection so I finally found the article and thought I would share. He was good friends with Jim Dick from Utica,Pa. He's never been on a computer, I tell him about this site and sure he'ld enjoy it. At one time he had 42 running Allis Chalmers and Simplicity tractors and I have no idea how Many attachments and parts. He turned 80 in November of last year and health isn't what it should be so most just sit anymore. Anyway his name is Lloyd D. Huff, no I'm not a Jr. Here's the article hope you all enjoy.

DSCN0624.JPG

DSCN0624.JPG.9d6979212d6d1480708b8a3fe10ae389.JPG

Very nice Lloyd. My father has a little of the bug himself. But in our case, it was transferred from me to him.

How nice that you found and posted this. At least you know that this AC passion goes back at least one generation!

Thanks guys, He's had a passion for these tractors ever since I can remember. I can remember going to the local fairs every year and having spent a couple of hours looking at the new B series tractors never realizing what an impact it would have later in life. I would love to bring it all to Michigan after his passing, but wife says NO!!

Got new computer and trying to scan article so it can be read by you all, no such luck yet

That's Great Collection! I sure hope you can keep them in the family! My wife has no say in what I get or bring home. She has her stuff, I have my. :)

I live about an hour from Franklin.

Maybe take a picture if the article with a smartphone and email it to your computer. The iPhone cameras are amazing. I'd post lots of pics if I could on this site but I only have the iPhone.

Thanks for sharing your family story. :)

Just bring them home and tell the wife it's my family history love I can't let it go. At the least I have to find good homes for them all. Then price them high and say see all are for sale love. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Very Nice,

also the article is very helpful in the problem that many of us face, Her in doors thinking that we have way too many tractors, well I can hear myself saying, "did you know there is someone with 42 Tractors ........." Bless you Lloyd, bless you ^