Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bad BGB

Brettw

Well, I picked up this 7116 a few weeks back with a bad BGB. Bought it from the original owner who was using it mostly for blowing snow for the last 10 years or so. Anyway, it quit on him and he decided that he didn't want to fix it. It came with a 48" deck without a whole lot of use on it, and a 42" blower. Black levers for the hydro and lift, so one of the later models with the white and orange paint scheme.I had a spare BGB in good condition, so on Sunday I swapped everything out. New fluids and filter, spark plug, etc. It runs like a top, no smoke at all and it got its shake down cruise pulling the 300# lawn roller all over the yard. I might just keep this one after I paint it up. If you look, you can see the nicely smoothed off teeth of the bevel gears.

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG.f161de6faed93f65d1f0deaa53c37353.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG.3df25ae16a1013b84bb1b55e781d8e06.JPG

Nice looking 7116, well above average. Looks too nice to paint. Maybe a detail job would suffice?

I agree with Chris just detail, I believe original better than repaint any day. Just my $.02

Yes, it needs a good bath, but the hood on the other side has some areas that need attention, and a bit on the rear fenders, otherwise, no paint really needed. The original owner had always stored it inside, so that is a big help too.