Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis and Powermax guys

720nut

Lift cylinder for blade or sno-blower, what are you using for hyd. fitting ? I've busted 2 one on each end, not a lot of room.

DSCN0650.JPG

DSCN0650.JPG.bf0071c326e9060f44d748f23714755b.JPG

Did they break during use Lloyd? On a blade or rear lift? Guessing it was on a front blade where the hose might be exposed to movement from snow and ice? Your pic looks like a cast elbow and broke off threads right at the cylinder is that right. I will check mine to see what fitting is there.

That is the kind that I had to replace the ones that got broke when moving the blade around. They are a parker brand and not a bad price.

They look like they would be stronger than the black pipe style fittings. I bought several hydraulic hose fittings from Surplus Center and Discount Hydraulic hose with good results

Rick one fitting is like yours but yes the one I broke yesterday Is black pipe Never had a problem with it before was always the ram end.

I don't have hose ends like yours so I've got to use a couple of fittings to get clearance

Check the pressure rating of black pipe...I don't think its strong enough for hydraulic fitting use. We were just talking about that at work the other day. Tractor Supply or Family Farm and Home have selections of hydraulic fittings. I got the ones I needed for my hydrolift at family farm and home. If that doesn't work, McMaster Carr is bound to have what you need.

Mike I can get them localy, not a problem was just wondering what others use. It worked with blower and up till now on blade. It's like everything else on these tractors awful tight surroundings and not to mention 1/8in. pipe thread. Has anyone tried boring out to 1/4in? on cylinders