Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need help rewiring 7112H Mfg. 1690473

jsarro

I am trying to correct this wiring butcher job I inherited on a 7112H.Any help or advice would be appreciated.Here are the pictures:

03112016 001.jpg

03112016 005.jpg

03112016 008.jpg

57e05ae5df558_03112016001.jpg.e1e64aa443c9eaedafb58781fccfbf28.jpg

57e05ae5f165f_03112016005.jpg.92723972ac0435629ed2ea36eb05a9f0.jpg

57e05ae60cfdf_03112016008.jpg.a9f5571bba75f99e5c3debca09322146.jpg

They cut the blue wires to the safety switches.

If I splice them back together, does it matter which blue one out of the harness I use to which.

I image I remove the red connector on the blue wire loop from the solenoid to the neutral switch and then reconnect to the 2 wire cut from the harness?

The 2 safety switches under the tractor seem to go nowhere.

1 has a piece of wire looped completing the circuit on the female plug.

The other is a female plug with nothing connected.

What is going on with this set up?

The light switch had a red wire running out to feed the lights.

The other post on the switch had a black wire running from the hot side of the coil back the light switch.

What is the proper set up?

I have to look, but I think I may have a complete harness from a 7117, which would work the same as the Kohler Harness.

Check continuity first. Apply 12 volts. If it trips, it's probably good. If it smokes, you were going to throw it out anyway.8D

So it looks like I need to run a wire from the solenoid post back to the circuit beaker #33 then from the breaker back to a post on the ampmeter.

The other wire going to the ampmeter comes from the harness.

What color should the wire be from the harness to the ampmeter, and is that my missing wire?

How does that set up function?

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

I have to look, but I think I may have a complete harness from a 7117, which would work the same as the Kohler Harness.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Brett

quote:Originally posted by CarlH

Check continuity first. Apply 12 volts. If it trips, it's probably good. If it smokes, you were going to throw it out anyway.8D

id="quote">
id="quote">Carl how do I know if it trips, and is it resetable?The part description says it is rated for 20amps, is this to protect the ampmeter?

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

I just recently stripped a 7114H with kohler.I can check and see if the harness is any good...

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Dan

Does this look right for this tractor?In general, for magneto engines -B goes to the BatteryS goes to the Starter/SolenoidR goes to the Regulator/RectifierA goes to the AccessoriesM goes to the Motor/MagnetoGND - the switch body needs to be electrically groundedThe M terminal will be open circuit when the engine is running, and shorted to ground when the key is in the "off" position.

KohlerCV1115WireDiagram.jpg

KohlerCV1115WireDiagram.jpg.587fe56f569b26480b45dc62ddcc63a8.jpg

I removed and checked the breaker for continuity, looks good.

I removed the ignition switch.

The letters are SBRAI.

I guess the I goes to the ignition coil/

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Tractor wire diagram is on page 3-25.http://www.thepowerportal.com/simplicitytechpubs/TP_500_973_01_SV_SMA_Sec3.pdf

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks BobThat is just what I needed. dOd

The 5-wire mated connector may be Kohler P/N 48 155 01-S. This is a common connector and B&S also has a P/N for it but I do not have it. My local Simplicity dealer has a engine electrical retrofit kit which is like a big tackle box with compartments with both the male and female spade terminals and 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 mated connectors.