Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Talntedmrgreens Wisconsin donor tractor.

fishnwiz

Seeing as I have not had any tractor finds myself as of late, I thought I would post a few pics of Josh's sweet 1968 Simplicity 717 donor tractor find from the Craigslist posting section of our site that I posted . Hope Josh don't mind!!:DJosh bought this tractor sight unseen after talking to the seller here in Wisconsin and I thought I would post a few pics for Josh and the membership to see this real nice find.The tractor runs SWEET and starts right up with no smoke at all. Seller claimed tractor was his fathers and used very little at his lake home in Northern wisconsin and it really shows. Tractor has minimal wear and is in original paint and SUPER clean with a few minor mods to the amp gauge. seat, and a chain to hold the deck in travel postion and a steering gear issue but other then that should be an excellent canidate as a donor.Tractor also has the HI LO option tranny on it!! The motor is very clean as is the mowing deck.NICE BUY JOSH!!

IMG_6304_1.jpg

IMG_6305_1.jpg

IMG_6306_1.jpg

IMG_6307_1.jpg

IMG_6308_1.jpg

IMG_6309_1.jpg

IMG_6310_1.jpg

IMG_6311_1.jpg

IMG_6312_1.jpg

Just goes to show how networking thru our wonderful site really does work to get the right tractors into the right hands..MEMBERSHIP does have it's privlidges!!

IMG_6304_1.jpg.cd4cd05a193d140cbee642ded8ca0ce7.jpg

IMG_6305_1.jpg.d714b98a67a83858c5d73dbf54bdfb53.jpg

IMG_6306_1.jpg.2b31bf2b613587ac15de0ccd75cd9c4e.jpg

IMG_6307_1.jpg.c1ee49584430fec8537be85a32bb6d0a.jpg

IMG_6308_1.jpg.48865f8509c842f453fcd16ccef1ab7e.jpg

IMG_6309_1.jpg.890300994035301bb56cfc99a2d6147b.jpg

IMG_6310_1.jpg.3fc766c4252720bcaf4df693639161e5.jpg

IMG_6311_1.jpg.3b631001813e2bee6e3e01f229b71647.jpg

IMG_6312_1.jpg.a235665b7de30ab78d29c01b941e0885.jpg

I personally find it hard to believe this is going to be a donor. It is to darn nice IMO to dis assemble and if so I'ld be interested in a couple of pieces

In all fairness to Josh, as I stated above..Josh has not had a chance to get a real good look at this tractor and did buy it on gut instinct and sight unseen!

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

I personally find it hard to believe this is going to be a donor. It is to darn nice IMO to dis assemble and if so I'ld be interested in a couple of pieces

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah maybe rob the hi-lo and sell it separate or put on another project but the tractor should be left complete otherwise, IMO. Its a very nice looking tractor.

Well, it's been a busy weekend, so I haven't had much chance to close up all my transactions...yet! Mark, I gotta give you the BIG thumbs up for sticking your neck out to give me a hand. I'm hoping you saw the funds come through earlier.Who better to give the best thumbs up, than my hero, Chuck

vkMfQug.gif

It is a darn good looking Broadmoor. It would be tough to make a donor, and I'd have to say that right now, that option is off the table. I'll keep looking for a donor, but for now the purse strings have been taken away!I'd love to find it a ride toward MI, but as a last resort, could try to plan space for it on my visit to WI for the Portage show.I was looking forward to kicking off my Squire project with it, but that may still have to wait!

Josh

As of right now I am planning on going to the Portage show but in the meantime we can keep looking for a lift out your way.I dropped an ad onto the transportation section looking for a ride out your direction....Anyone???

I am just west of Milwaukee so anyone heading out toward Josh's place please keep us in mind.

With gas prices where they are right now it's probably cheaper to drive a truck then to ride the Ferry!;)

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

With gas prices where they are right now it's probably cheaper to drive a truck then to ride the Ferry!;)

id="quote">
id="quote">Mark, that's very true, but if I get to Milwaukee, I won't be able to drive my truck back home at all :P;)

grandmaspoils_2268_154048269

I was considering it in Feb but figured it probably wasn't running did price it though kind of pricey, but then I'm kind of cheap at times

Wow, I don't think I've seen a nicer old tractor. It looks showroom condition...maybe it cut the parking lot a few times at the dealer, but that's it! NICE. JH

Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
id="quote">We do have a AWESOME little Brew Pub a few blocks away !!sm00Thanks for the prompt payment!

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

I was considering it in Feb but figured it probably wasn't running did price it though kind of pricey, but then I'm kind of cheap at times

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah, they definitely aren't running in Feb...even with the warm winter, I doubt they could have pushed their way through the Ice. I do think the Coast Guard keeps Muskegon open for freight during winter, as long as they can, but I cant imagine the people movers would take on the liability.I have heard it's pricey, ESPECIALLY with a vehicle.

I've had this rare Squire 6 for a few years, wanting to redo it for one of my little guys, just like my Squire 9 I did in 2012. IMAG0420.jpg

20121029_180231.jpg

Been watching for reasonably priced, running donor with an era correct engine. Preferably a 6hp, but I'd take a 7. I need a buncha parts, a seat, wheels/tires, etc. The deck is in great shape. Now that my oldest boy is driving the Serf pretty well, I'd like to get this Squire 6 project going. I had a perfect donor several months back, but Mike has it now. Another 'too good to pull apart' Broadmoor.

20150726_123956.jpg

If given the chance, I'd like to replicate the plain-jane, pull start and skinny rear tire look seen in in this 1964 mugshot:

20121029_180045.jpg

I think the little Homelite T8 would be it nice project for the boy. Broadmoor looks pretty nice to be parted out. Also when you do the squire and get decals made let me know I have a Broadmoor that I'm thinking of converting to a squire also

Cool project. I have a Broadmoor of about that vintage but not original engine and like it too much to let it go.