Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Guess What I'm Building...

Simplicity7013H

Hi Gang!! Been building this behind your backs for a while now. A while back I pick up a Wards Squire 9!:D:D Its getting around... still got a bit to do though. Here is where it is as of this post. The 23D needs bored so I'll have to get that to the machine shop and the seat needs redone.

squiredecals.jpg

primer.jpg

squiregold.jpg

gardenmarkdash.jpg

squiredecals.jpg.419ffcf02d608b054603f8f780157f99.jpg

primer.jpg.6db1c5f5a90e74d8b6e0e7283f53ae04.jpg

squiregold.jpg.1b0e1a8fd24ef3ba48361ffb818b5771.jpg

gardenmarkdash.jpg.2c955dcc5b9d4e1b9f4371c9c87c0c50.jpg

Lookin good:D, sure you haven't moved the bed to the shop:D? Keep em comin, like everyone else love rebuildsdOd. also looks like you've been to a sand blaster?

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Lookin good:D, sure you haven't moved the bed to the shop:D? Keep em comin, like everyone else love rebuildsdOd. also looks like you've been to a sand blaster?

id="quote">
id="quote">Sure have. My uncle has a huge Kaeser compressor and a 250lb blaster tank. I really appreciate all the kind words! And my bedroom was just a safe spot to keep my flawless dash. This tractor is too nice to drive:O

Elliott, wwhen you wipe things down don't forget tack cloth or you'll have little hairs everywhere and have to sand and respray as I did. blasting sure makes it easier huh? Lets have some more pictures though

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Too nice to drive? I hate when that happens!:DWhat's the story on the two tone Ford?

id="quote">
id="quote">The Ford.... It's a 1960 Ford F100 with the rare $200 Cruise-o-Matic option stock from the factory. We bought it for $3000 sitting beside the road back in August of 2011. The transmission has been rebuilt and so has the whole front end and axle. The paint is original and so is all the bodywork. I ca get some more pictures for you guys. How come people always notice the vehicles in the background &:)&:). It's been a project for my dad and I for the past 5 years. It's been repowered with a Ford 302V8 but that was done by the previous owner. We have a lot of the papers for it. We are the 3rd owners but the 2nd owner just flipped it to make a quick buck or 2. It's been a farm truck from Grand Rapids, MI for all of its life until the 2nd got it. That's about it for the truck.

Great find on the F100....I would have been all over that truck for 3K. I am an old truck nut and would LOVE to see some pics of it when you get a chance.

Thanks

Wait, an old truck from Grand Rapids, MI, that is original paint? Must have ONLY been used on a farm, and not driven in the snow. Nearly everything here that is beyond 10 years old is full of rust.

quote:Originally posted by Mike_H

Wait, an old truck from Grand Rapids, MI, that is original paint? Must have ONLY been used on a farm, and not driven in the snow. Nearly everything here that is beyond 10 years old is full of rust.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes sir! Bought new in Grand Rapids and was only used on the farm. It's was sitting in a barn for 25 years though so that might account for some of the preservation of the truck. It only has 62k on it and when we got it it only had 58k. More picture of both the truck and the Squire on the waydOd

Thanks guys! Today will be a resting day. Raining up here and I need to prime and paint the transmission. That's about it for today!

quote:Originally posted by Robert Kehoe

What color have you used for the gold

id="quote">
id="quote">Rustolem Aged Copperhttp://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Universal-11-oz-All-Surface-Metallic-Aged-Copper-Spray-Paint-and-Primer-in-One-6-Pack-261401/202899739

Nice job on the tractor.I love your narrative on the ride along...It reminded me of some of my 1st rides on a new to me tractor

I really love that truck. Great color combo. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

quote:Originally posted by dhoadley

You need to fix the steering wheel, but she looks great!dOd Fantastic job, Elliot.

id="quote">
id="quote">The gears need taken out and moved to fix it. Thanks DavedOd