Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B208S

720nut

Just thought I'ld let ya see what it is after some parts robin and a good cleaning

DSCN0651.JPG

tractor minus a few

DSCN0652.JPG

decks a little worse, would say Hicks brother got all he could from that belt

DSCN0653.JPG

I'm going to restore but after next project

DSCN0651.JPG.9dbe3db211595c5f7106a6cef6dc4c5b.JPG

DSCN0652.JPG.2cadb3093ce39cf6a704581ef1a6867f.JPG

DSCN0653.JPG.0d5ce89861a899890f98038a0c19de28.JPG

Looks like a good base for a project. That spindle pulley sure has seen better days. Something I like to do on these older decks with only 3 mounting screws per spindle, is go ahead and drill out the other three and use 3 more bolts like the later 42 and 48 decks. I think it spreads out the stress on the housing.

Deck is froze and needs work but is solid

I have other B 207 so I'll make one out of the two will be B 208S

The one that I have all painted up that I've been doing this winter. This is the one I got out of Nebraska, then I have the 207 out of New York

Lloyd, if it's going to be redone, I'd be interested in the rubber on the footrests, if they were able to be heated/removed somehow. I'm missing one on each of two tractors, and would prefer a used/worn one to match the machines over making a new piece. Might not be worth the effort...

I have everything listed on Ann Arbor Craigslist, Farm & Garden, would like to sell as package but will part.

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

I have everything listed on Ann Arbor Craigslist, Farm & Garden, would like to sell as package but will part.

id="quote">
id="quote">So then you're not restoring this tractor?

It depends that was my first thought when I bought it. I've got 207 done and going to start a more expensive project so if they don't sell yes but would be a couple years from now. Would like to have 208 to go with 207

• 3 weeks later...