Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's your favorite Simplicity Or Allis Tractor?

Simplicity7013H

Thought I would make a fun topic here. What is your all time favorite tractor made by Simplicity or Allis? There is so many to choose from and all of them are great. My favorite would have to be the round hoods. I like the look of the lights and the rounded hood. That's my favorite whats yours??:D:D

Wonderboy 700 . Dad bought one in 1965 came with 3 belt blower tiller and 42 inch mower.Still have the mower deck.Now I have 3 of them plus another 15 of other models

I would have to say Allis B 110/112 have 2. My B207 any model with the dash^. D21, 160 thru 220 series. Really hard to nail just onedOd

DSCN0664.JPG

DSCN0664.JPG.d1470c9e683fb42a53932abf02a39bf3.JPG

Very difficult...which is probably a good thing! There are a few that would not make my list at all, but many that I enjoy using for various reasons. I suppose at the end of the day, I like the simplicity and old school feel of a foot dragger. When driving one around, or standing back to look, I prefer the roundhood. I think my preference would lean even more toward the earlier flip hood style machines, and among those, I think the Simplicity's looked more refined with the rounded nose on the hood and early 2-piece seat. The best look among them is the narrow tires, low steering and tall cyclops light. My favorite 'today' is a Wonderboy 700. That could change tomorrow...

WB700.jpg

I was pretty partial to my 5010 LTD that worked for me for almost 20 years. Now, I'm into the 7100 series, but think the 3400 series Sovereigns were the best looking.

I guess I'll have to say my 101. It's not a show room piece by far but, in the eight years that I have had it, it carries quite a story.

OCPDI.jpg

Hard to say. I think we could all agree that nobody dislikes the BGB tractors. I like my 700, but I wish I could add more power without sacraficing the frame. The 7hp just isn't the same as a 16:D

Although, once I got the transmission finished on the B-10, I just have had a sweet spot for it ever since. (Was given to me with a cracked tube and smoking motor). Now it has a 12hp cast iron Briggs and a brand new tube.:D

I prefer the round hood foot draggers. Specifically the B12 but my absolute favorite is always the one that starts when I need it :D:D:D

All great machines! There are so many to pick from that its a tough choice! Great picks everyone!dOd

I have two 18hp sovereigns and a 7116. The 7116 was sold to me 5 years ago for $75.00 with mower deck because the po though the rod was about to let loose. 5 years later it still rattles and never fails to start right up. when I got it I used it to mow and rototill with it. has been worked all its life. now it can rest because of the sovereigns. still get it out and use it to pull yard trailer. so I would have to say the 7116.

I have really enjoyed every one I have owned over the years, but I think I had the most fun with the 616 yeoman I had a few years ago, which I repowered with an 8 hp briggs, changed to a three speed tranny so I could run a tiller, put ag tires on front and back, and a Allis Chalmers B muffler to finish it off, and the 627 I have now which is my main grass mower and playtoy. I did also really have fun with the rear engine 575 stick steer I had a while back too tho!

Steve

My first one was and is a AC 716 w/Hydro and elect lift. I enjoy the heck out of it. Then some how another 716 showed up and then a 712 and I don't know how but a 7114 was in my shed. I was warned from you guys this could happen.I guess I just have to live with it:D

I like the looks of a round hood with headlights and 6-12's, but my favorite is the 3-400 series. My 310 was the first tractor I bought. I've beat the snot out of it over the years and it rarely complains.

My first was a 67 Landlord 2010 and she has been so good to me she has to be my favorite. All the related years with the curved hoods, the matching Allis models, etc. I also love the look of the early Broadmoors with those V shaped fronts on the hoods.

The one I have had the most fun on is a 68 Serf. It's ugly-cute with that squared off front end but is a lot of fun to ride around on. She tends to pop the front end in the air taking off and reverse is the same speed as hi going forward.

Though I caught the disease with my Allis HB212 and I have acquired lots of attachments for her, I like the looks of the Allis 700 series the best, and the access to everything really makes it Simple!

Trophies02.jpg

Trophies02.jpg.c6b999bc2bd27286476721ef4d2e6043.jpg