Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 year?

macallis180

Is there a resource that can tell me what year my new to me B-110 was manufactured? I didn't see anything on "commonly asked questions" section.

Still in original paint, with serial # sticker showing.

Thanks

There were no records kept on the lawn and garden serial numbers. The closest you will get is to date the tractor by the Briggs engine manufacture date (providing that it has the original engine). Often the tractor is several months newer than the engine. Also we can determine if you have an "early" or "Late" B-110. The early models had a push button starter switch while the later models had a normal ignition switch for starting.

I believe the B-110/112s were made only one year 1968. Previously the designation was B-10/12. And B-210/212 in 1969 and 1970.

Thanks guys. I kinda thought that was the situation with the lawn and garden units, but was not sure. Mine has the push button starter, so probably is a 68. Will check the engine serial number as well.

I have a B-207 that has all the original paperwork, with the sales brochure, so now I may have a pair!

The only thing missing on the B-110 is the original front tires, but can't have everything when you purchase on a social security retirement budget!

1st ones were in listed in Sept 67 price list. Most ours were sold in 68 and HB-112 was made late 68 and sold in 69. 110-112's were made up to 1969. 200's came out in 1970.

Push button start was on 1st ones.