Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

POWERMAX REAR WHEELS

mech123

I HAVE 2 4041 POWERMAX'S AND BOTH HAVE THE FLOTATION TIRES ON THEM. I WANT TO PUT AG TIRES ON 1 OF THEM. WHERE WOULD A GUY LOOK FOR RIMS THAT WOULD FIT ???? ALSO WHAT ARE THE SIZE FOR THE RAR TO KEEP AT THE 31" THANKS CHRIS

The ag tires that were offered with the tractors new were an 8x16, I have a couple sets. There the same size tires as the case 4000 series garden tractors.

Hi Mech, agree with Phil 8 x 16's and you can more easily find wheels from a Case to work. I have a set of exactly that right now that I could send you pics for. Sent you a private message.

If you go with 8-16 ag tires, the case rims have a slightly different offset than the simplicity rims. The case rims work just fine, I have a set of each running on my Powermax's.

John U

quote:Originally posted by isetta

John, will the Case wheels allow you to mount either way to alter the track width?

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes, they clear either way. I like the little wider track I get with the case wheels on my loader tractor. They also clear without any issues if you run them in the narrow track configuration.John U

I FOUND SOME RIMS ON MILLER TIRE.. 8 X 16 6 HOLE 6" ON CENTER.. 1/4 " OFFSET AND 4 3/4 BACK SPACE FOR $70.00 EACH. NOT SURE WHAT BACK SPACE MEASUREMENT IS NEEDED. TRACTOR IS UP NORTH RIGHT NOW. THANKS FOR THE INPUT. CHRIS