Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6" of Snow last night

MikeES

I was golfing just a few days ago, but this morning woke up to 6" of snow.

I wanted to get out the toys, but I decided to let mother nature take care of this for me. It was hard to just sit there, so I shoveled the deck off.

It now 3p and it is 49 deg and sunny. The driveway almost clear. It took a lot of will power... maybe I will fire up a tractor and go get the mail.^

Mike we had 1"of slush and when I woke up 2" more covered by 1/4" of ice. Driveway is solid ice. Need sun and warm temps send them my way.

Trees were sleet covered early here in spots, then rain flushed that down to snow cone mush. Pushed mush off with shovel and maybe sun will take care of the rest on Good Friday. At least it's not Denver.

I got 8+ so far and still snowing. Looks like I will have to plow the driveway. I just put on the dozer blade the other day to move around some gravel. I have to get the hang of it, as it springs forward when you try to push to much at a time. What is the purpose of it springing forward?

quote:Originally posted by blangkabel

I got 8+ so far and still snowing. Looks like I will have to plow the driveway. I just put on the dozer blade the other day to move around some gravel. I have to get the hang of it, as it springs forward when you try to push to much at a time. What is the purpose of it springing forward?

id="quote">
id="quote">It's like the highway plows who hook onto a manhole that's sticking up, instead of the sudden stop you'll get without the springs, it folds down so you slide over it.

Basicly keeps from bending or braking blade or hitch, if it were solid something would have to give. You guys keep the snow over there, we've done got used to the warm don't need any. Just rain here

So glad the snow is over there and not here. Tulips and Daffadils are up and the trees even have a few scattered buds on them. Don't want more snow.

Friday AM 3/25/16. The back side of this event delivered about 2-3 inches of wet white stuff. That's the bad news. The good news is that the sun has been out for twenty minutes or so and you can feel the heat coming thru the windows. That means no shoveling.:D:D