Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b&s info

dav

b&s site gives me nothing on a 245431 0627 02 7702091.

I bought the tractor -landlord puller- for parts, thinking to use the motor. alas, the motor has a different oil filler that doesn't fit with the front support. the filler is on an angled boss cast into the block instead of being on the base.

I am hoping that the guts of this motor will swap into an earlier 243431 or even into a 23D. but it does not show up on the b&s site.

and I can't find where in the club the info on id'ing a motor and manufacturing date is.

it does have a clear plastic circuit board where the points used to be. the point plunger is still there but does nothing. (the board may be fried as I have no spark). no visible markings. any guesses as to what it might be?

any help is appreciated.

Before I swapped guts engine to engine, I would pull the fill pipe out, put in a pipe plug and use an earlier pan with the fill in the pan.

bob, it still gives me nothing. I wonder if they shut off the site after hours and on weekends. seems to me I had trouble last time I tried to find stuff on a weekend. as to the date code, can you tell me what year it was made? might help me figure out what ignition gizmo is in it (although I think it might be aftermarket-if it was factory I don't think the point plunger would have been installed)

dan, after I get it running as is, I will swap the pan off one of the spares (both 23Ds). the tractor is going to be an accumulation of spare parts so I really don't need the original block.

There's a difference on block heights between a 23 and 24 CID engines, maybe an inch? I e-mailed you parts books, from bltee.

On some of the older engines I have to use just the model number because the specific type numbers aren't listed anymore. It will usually give you what you want