Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Does anyone make a decent pair of denim work jeans

allicatguy

I don't know about anyone else but I've 'had it' with Lee, Levi and Wrangler jeans. I can take a new pair and within a dozen washings, or less, the knees and front above the knees are out of them. I am not a tradesman but am a retired handyman who kneels occasionally for personal home fix-it projects. I've tried Duluth Trading Company's 'fire hose' pants but find them to hot to wear in warm weather. Who makes long lasting denim jeans? And, even better, at a reasonable price?

I work mostly outside on crushed stones, and protect my knees with the hard shell knee guards form HFT. Either that or an old floor mat from a vehicle.

W

Duluth Trading Company. Not inexpensive, but basically guaranteed for life and built like no other. I believe their deal is, if they wear out, they replace them. They should, at about $60 a pair, but they are truly the highest quality jeans / work pants I have ever had. Got two pairs over the years as gifts. These are no nonsense work pants.

And I have found that clothes last longer with the front loading washer we've had for the past 12 years. Also gets very dirty clothes very clean when using the prewash feature.

I've had Duluth and they are very good but pricey. Their coats are great. But for jeans I buy Levis at SAMs Club. Not always there, but when they are I get 3 or 4 pair.

Good timing, I need some new jeans and haven't bought any to work in for a long time. Too many fancy pants choices out there. My wife is kinda ticked at me because I just keep wearin em frayed and holey. Unlike our tractors todays stuff made more to wear out than to last

I just use these if I know I'm going to be doing some maintenance work around the house that entails kneeling or when I'm doing any work on the tractors, I know I'll be kneeling, I'll put them on. One simple elastic band and they are light so they stay put pretty well. I just buy a new pair now and again when they wear out by getting compressed. They usually last two or three years. I keep a pair at the house and a pair at the shop so they are always handy. They are light enough that I hardly know I'm wearing them and they save the jeans or my expensive Carhart Coveralls and my knees.

019374318819lg.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd_76663-47520-2L-318_1z0vjkbZ1z0x59c__?productId=3825885&pl=1These are at Lowe's. They used to carry them at Home Depot but I'm not finding them on line.

These days you can go to the store and pay $30-$40 for a new pair of jeans with holes already worn in them:O

You could sell your worn ones to these kids that buy them and buy yourself some new ones without holes:D

I buy the $10 walmart glories and they last as long or longer than the carhardts, levis, etc that cost 3-4 times that...

I'll second Duluth Trading Company, especially their firehose jeans. They might literally be tougher than a flak jacket and they weight about as much. They can take some getting used to but you won't kill those.

I quit wearing jeans several years ago when they either started making them differently in the waist/seat area, or, it might have been the steroids caused a change, not sure which. I do a lot of work outside, from the tractors and engines to cutting wood. I started wearing a K-mart khaki variety, usually cargo pants. Extra pockets, comfy in the seat area, easier to get into the pockets than jeans. Catch em on sale, buy several, Basic Editions, around 12-14 bucks