Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to the A/C - Simplicity family. Big Ten

Ihcub33

I recently acquired a 1965 Allis Chalmers Big Ten. It has a front push blade and a tiller. That's about all the info I have on it. I have the generator at a local electrical shop being rebuilt.I was told when I picked it up that was all it needed to start. Any helpful info would be appreciated as this is my first forum. Thanks Jeremy

P_0328161921.jpg

P_0328161921.jpg.a3f53f47132711e4451752e49a634a25.jpg

Welcome to the club! Nice find, especially with the optional hydraulic lift. You'll need a points cover and air cleaner too. The mid-PTO appears to be missing. It would hang beneath the center of the tractor. It is used for running the mower deck or sickle mower attachment.

I haven't had much luck finding the air cleaner. As for the mid pto I am in no rush as I don't have a deck and no plans for one in the future. The tiller seems to be in fair shape but almost all the attaching hardware is bent or missing.

You are in the perfect place for info/assistance on your tractor.

Many parts from all of the AC B-1 through at least B-212 are interchangeable as well as the Simplicity Landlord models through at least 1968 and some parts well beyond that.

eBay is a great source for a lot of parts and the classifieds section here is a good place to check for parts you do not find elsewhere.

I have two tiller setups I picked up recently. If you think you have parts missing or bent send photos and I or someone else here can let you know how they should look or what is missing.

Welcome.

The one on Craigslist won't work on a Big Ten directly and the carb cannot be swapped complete. The big ten does not use the later style breather with the rubber tube, and it is not possible to convert it as the engine block is different. Its breather is like a 23D with the can breather that threads into the block.