Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear PTO Kit dimensions?

Kenzen

I'm attaching my tiller for the first time on my DA917 (aka 7117), and (omit long story of how I figured this out) it seems I need a "Rear PTO Drive Kit" (Mfg. No. 1685225) to route the belt around the hydro filter. The bracket seems easy enough to fabricate (I can cut/weld), and the pulley seems generic. Is there anyone that could provide some dimensions or good pics of this part next to a ruler where I can reverse engineer this? (Or if you have one around you'd simply sell, that would be great.)

Thx!

Ken

quote:Originally posted by oldorange

Our homemade one is 2.5in out from the frame and 3in up using a hole in the frame with a 3in idler.

id="quote">
id="quote">"3in up" from what reference point? (I'll guess it's not that critical as long as the belt is clearing everything.)thx!Ken

quote:Originally posted by TimJr

I will try to dig out one and get some pics and measurements for you. Maybe PM me as a reminder. Tim

id="quote">
id="quote">Pictures would be great! I'll PM you...thanks!Ken

See this post:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=120990And here are some pics I took for Dan (rokon2813) a few years ago showing the location on a 7100 series tractor:

IMG_3357a.jpg

IMG_3358a.jpg

IMG_3357a.jpg.ae6db27ced055142df4ae214c10a018d.jpg

IMG_3358a.jpg.d61321966f27ed739cc7d8090868463c.jpg

Thanks PhanDad!

So this appears to push the belt routing below the hydro oil filter - correct? And does this change the needed length of the belt? I have the belt that came with the tiller, but I don't know what the past owner attached it to.

Ken

quote:Originally posted by RayS

I have new reproduced available if interested. Belt is routed above the filter.

id="quote">
id="quote">

PM sent - thanks!