Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Consumers reports

Ronald Hribar

Got my copy today

Never agree with their reports on cars

And now with lawn tractors

No Simplicity's

But do have Craftmans

Do they think Sears makes their own tractor ?

Haven't gotten CR for years. I never agreed with most of their recommendations. Even when you read the details of each test, their final selection did not match with the individual reports.

Like you mentioned Ron, many times they leave out a couple of major players when they do their comparisons.

This winter I watched the Consumer Reports on the news over snow blowers. Do you think Simplicity snow blowers were on there? Even mentioned? NOPE - They recommended Husqvarna snow blowers. I know it is an older model, but my 555 Simplicity snow blower starts every year and I have yet to see it struggle to throw any amount of snow. I believe Simplicity makes the BEST of any type of outdoor equipment^Nobody can tell me otherwise.

Simplicity is no where near the market share of crapsman. I would expect JD in there before simplicity. Just the way it is. Not a big deal, as you know what you like and what the machines are capable of. Just run with it!

CR gets its money from the magazine subscriptions. Many years ago I read that CR will request a product sample that they are going to test from the mfg. and afterwards they may sell the product. Which leads me to think that if Simplicity did not send them a lawn tractor for free, then they could not test and report on it.

?