Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

now it will not start

AJK

OK Guys, Had a thread going under "B&S 326431-0190-01 16hp smoking " took it apart, so now I know rings are good, gap ok, gap spacing ok, rod in the right way, piston notch facing flywheel (rear), valve timing good, I have a battery Ign.so I could tell I have spark near TDC. put it together and now it will not start! I have compression, spark, and when I crank it fuel starts dripping from carb. I also tried a little starter fluid. I also feel vacuum at the carb during cranking. AT witts end Thanks

Is the spark happening at the right time? Did you remove the flywheel? Did the key in the flywheel fall out?

Just thinking out loud here...

Ken

Could be that carb float is stuck and carb is flooded out. Too much gas and engine will not start. Is carb throat full of fuel?

I have a battery ign. with a coil, condenser, and using org. points, so the fly wheel position now is not important, but the key is in and it is tight. now the float, it is not leaking, but not sure of the float level, when setting it should it be level with the casting? I believe the needle and seat are good.

Any opinion maybe helpful Thanks!!!

If you have a fuel shutoff,turn off the fuel. Loosen the bolt on the bottom of the fuel bowl and drain the fuel.Try starting the tractor with no fuel in the bowl and with starter fluid.See if engine will fire.If it fires...stuck fuel float.