Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Revitalizer vs EZ Rake..?

GLPointon

Hey guys, These are 2 attachments I have never owned. I want to buy a Revitalizer I THINK... Can you help me with the differences. I think one is like a power dethatcher & the other is an Aerator too? some front vs rear mount?? I would be using them on a lg frame 7000 or 7100 tractor.

Thanks for any advise &/or Pics sm01

ps...I also just discovered a box with 200+ "replacement springs" from the L&G store I bought out, to fit one of them.

Never owned either 1 so can't help with your question but, I'm interested in seeing what the springs look like.

Just in case they might work on my powered side delivery rake }:)

I have both and use both each year.

EZ RAKE- I use this each spring to bring up the dead thatch. I also pull behind a sweeper to collect the dead thatch. This help lawn "breathe" so to speak.

Revitalizer- This device serves a dual purpose. Once I have used the EZ Rake in the spring I will then bust out the Revitalizer to rip furrows into the lawn. I will then over seed the existing lawn with grass seed and fertilizer to thicken up the lawn. I have also used the Revitalizer on bare patches and then over seeded those areas as well.

Both have a purpose and work great. The EZ Rake is the harder to find of the two attachments. Good luck.

I agree with Chris, the revitalizer is great for seeding and can dethatch a good heavy lawn but it tear up a thin sparse lawn (I guess it needed seeding anyway) :)

A revitalizer will be cheaper, easy to find and work for both tasks.

An EZ Rake is MUCH better at dethatching. Be prepared to have a place to put 10s of bushels of dead stuff. It isnt nearlt as good for overseeding IMO and while its aeration is limited to the surface, getting so much more thatch gone also promotes air in a different way. The rake is WAY cooler.

Thanks Guys, It sounds like the E-Z Rake is more suited for my needs (Figures...the tougher to find) Dan, here is a pic of the 200 power rake springs I have to sell. I think by the paper hand-out, that they're some what of a universal type..?

DSCF1169.JPG

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Never owned either 1 so can't help with your question but, I'm interested in seeing what the springs look like.Just in case they might work on my powered side delivery rake }:)

id="quote">
id="quote">

DSCF1169.JPG.28e1b2494579565751d8aa16550f5676.JPG

Josh these fit in 4 rows (of 25 ea. I think) on some type of rotary drum. I'll dig out the page that comes with them...

Originally posted by GLPointon

Thanks Guys, It sounds like the E-Z Rake is more suited for my needs (Figures...the tougher to find) Dan, here is a pic of the 200 power rake springs I have to sell. I think by the paper hand-out, that they're some what of a universal type..?

DSCF1169.JPG

quote:
id="quote">

DSCF1169.JPG.f2fb2ef1b2288f9c18c161a9e9ad8793.JPG