Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119 Grass Catcher

fitchnhunt

Hey all, just wondering if such a contraption exists for my 7119 hydro with a 48" mower deck? Would be nice to be able to bag grass and leaf clippings. Did Simplicity make a bagger that would work for my tractor or has anyone found a way to make one work? Hard to think about cutting grass with it snowing out right now but thought to ask. Thanks!

~Fitch

As soon as I round up the last few parts I plan to use the deck mounted turbo shown in Bills first image, with a rear mounted triple bagger. I previously had the cart and its great, but was too cumbersome for some of my lawns contours and toght spots.

Josh,

I didn't think there was an OEM rear mounted triple bagger (or double bagger) available for a Sovereign.

Am I wrong or are you "adapting" a newer rear bagger system (Legacy, Prestige, etc) to fit a Sovereign?

I'm adapting one...it's not even Simplicity. Traded a driveway grading job for it, so for me it was a win-win. ;)

I want to believe there was a retrofit kit for one of the oem triple baggers to mount on a Sovereign, but have never found a record of one. I've seen owner modded versions. I loved the twin bagger on my Prestige, but it filled a bit too fast for my liking.

Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I don't remember Ray posting those pics. Between beer and age there's not much capacity left in brain storage any more.

And I notice the custom counter weight out front. I would imagine without it, with the distance the bagger is away from the rear of the tractor, when the bags are full the front end would get awfully light.

• 5 years later...

So, reviving an old post.  I picked up a bagger that was supposedly for a Sovereign.  I probably should have done a bit more research first, but overall the price was still fair, I don't believe the PO tried anything funny; he thought it was all there and set up for a Sovereign.  Now I have a bit of a fabrication dilemma, I believe.  Someone has done some cobbling to this and reading the above I now know there was never a rear mount bagger like this, for a Sovereign.  I will also need to come up with some hose parts, as they aren't all there either.  

Upon attempting to mount this, I realized that there was no way the rods were matching up with anything, and they appeared to be a bit light duty to support the weight when the bags are full.  Also, the ground clearance would be problematic unless on the flattest of lawns.  On the blower itself, where the lock down wing nut is, it says "42 only", but seems to fit just right for the 48"?

Anyway, any input on hose parts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thought I could hook it up and go, but such is not the case.

vac2.jpg

vac1.jpg

39 minutes ago, Brettw said:

On the blower itself, where the lock down wing nut is, it says "42 only", but seems to fit just right for the 48"?

Mine the same notation.  This same setup was used on the SunStars, so with a 42" deck, the bracket was mounted differently.  No mention in the Sovereign Install Manual, it only references 48" installation. 

Can't help with the hoses.  

Flex comes with the cart:

image.png.9f9f07bbe9c7c53d64f279d29ede055b.png

Part #1679895   It's 6" hose about a foot or so long if memory serves. 

And I bet you don't want to pay Simplicity for it if it's still available. 

Hello, I got all the pieces from Talntdmrgreen   years ago . I refurbished the trailer and stitched up the canvas and built a hitch.

the flex pipe and tube were included. 

I had to build a mount for the turbo blower and rig the pulley setup

I don't use it much so I would consider selling it .

Thanks Ken in Mi