Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Earning there keep

720nut

Had the girls out to work today620 did the plowing720 did the disking

DSCN0712.JPG

DSCN0711.JPG

DSCN0710.JPG

Quite proud of the way theses two do everything that I've ask of them, not bad for say a forty year old

DSCN0712.JPG.c24a67b2a6920a0cd26c0b6107c4535d.JPG

DSCN0711.JPG.8541920815ff08a0a19ec2290a972e65.JPG

DSCN0710.JPG.962913c7bcce57d8bd1872b906b2e583.JPG

Yeah I wondered about the tires as well on the plow tractor. 15 inch wide tire in a 12 inch furrow? Just curious how they worked with the plow

Tires worked great, didn't seem to be a problem. 12in. plow actually is wider furrow. This isn't the first time to plow with them, a 10in. plow as to follow a Brinley it is tight but they still work. I would like to find a set of 8's but not keen on spending that kind of money when these work just fine. I haven't tried the ags with plow but assume they would work ok with the disk and down pressure they wanted to spin, going to put disk on 620 and see if they will pull it better. It was sunny 73* T shirt weather

Lloyd - are you just trying to spread jealousy to those of us that are lucky just to have ONE of these gems? (Just kidding)!

With my approx. 15' by 25' garden, the tiller I bought from Phil last fall for my 620 is VERY serious overkill, but what the heck, it's fun to use for the 5 minutes or so it takes to till it up!

Fun to use these machines when the snow is not hitting you in the face, right?

I've only got 3, if you look past 620 in one picture you'll see frame sticking out from under tarp 4041 Powermax that will be getting diesel power this coming year. I have big plans for it and yes it will be and Allis when I'm done

You know guys say a tractor per attachment, that was the story to wife when she came home asked why I've got two and if that's the case then I need about 10 more, would really make her day

I can nearly smell the tilled soil from here. Having a tractor for every job is an old farmer's habit/practice to keep an older, smaller tractor rather than trade it when upgrading. The tractor was still useful and worth more to him as a reliable backup. And you're correct, it helped explain to the ladies the need for more tractors... Nice orange lineup Lloyd.

Put tiller on 720 and redid garden gonna till again before I plant. Another beautiful day sweat just a rollin