Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power Beyond Valve

country

On the early Legacy and Agco tractors, there was an auxillary hydraulic kit available for the hydraulic angle on the front blade, etc. As part of this it, a new hydraulic control valve was included, and it was a power beyond valve. This power beyond valve is still available as it was/is used on the newer Legacy XL tractors. The downside is that is costs $300-$350.

I'm adding an auxillary hydraulic system to my Agco 2020. The open center spool valve on the tractor has the "BYD" stamp, but is not drilled for the power beyond fitting. Has anyone ever modified their existing open center valve and drilled/tapped the necessary hole to turn it into a power beyond valve?

I have installed numerous aux hydraulic kits on legacies and never had to drill out ports. You take the line from the power steering valve and run it to your auxiliary hydraulic valve then from the auxiliary hydraulic valve a line runs back to your main lift valve. This gives you your power beyond valves with priority still ylto your steering.

• Like 1

On my Agco, the existing hydraulic control valve for the lift cylinder under the tractor (for mower deck, rear lift) is open center and has high pressure coming from the power steering. There is a "T" just before that valve. The auxillary valve I have is also open center, just like the one already on the tractor. If I connect high pressure from the "T" to the auxillary control valve, both valves are now in parrallel, which does not work. From what I have figured out, the existing valve on the tractor needs to be a power beyond valve, P/N 1722971SM, and the valves need to be connected in series. The original auxillary hydraulic kits for these early Legacy/Agco tractors came with a power beyond valve that replaced the original on the tractor. The power beyond flows high pressure through, which is what the auxillary valve is connected to.

From what you described above, your valves are in series, which means one has to be a power beyond valve. The existing control valve on my Agco is not a power beyond, though it can be turned into one if I could find the proper fitting to do so.

Yes the 2 spool aux hydraulic valve is a power beyond valve. The tee is not used for hooking 2 lines up at the same time. You remove the one line that's on the tee and cap that fitting and hook up a different line to the other fitting on the tee. So you will need a different valve to hook it up the same way the factory does.

• Like 1