Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydro fluid

csciara

on my 716H just repaced hydro filter (naspa 1068) and fluid

i used dexron VI from walmart, supertech brand

am i ok with dexron VI

Although I agree with Ray's post, I don't like mixing different types of fluids in any "gear case". Maybe I'm anal, but I put back in what was in it (as long as it was correct) unless I do the "drain, fill, run, drain" cycle a couple times to purge all the "old" fluid from the system. Based on the A/C 716H Operators manual, the original spec was type F automatic tranny fluid. See 2E Page 27 of the manual:

OpManPg27.jpg

OpManPg27.jpg.6274e05597cdf00e6db1edce5157df6d.jpg

I'm having trouble finding Type F for my Deutz 1920. Sucked some out of my hoist tank, now I need to refill it!

quote:Originally posted by Hick

I'm having trouble finding Type F for my Deutz 1920. Sucked some out of my hoist tank, now I need to refill it!

id="quote">
id="quote">They sell it at Walmart.

• 2 months later...

Finally found some. For some strange reason, Type F was not to be found in our city of 50,000.

Kinda like the shortage of .22LR rounds!

I really appreciate all of your help with this. Now my next question is where do I pour the fluid in? I have searched just about every place on the internet and have come up without an answer. I have been working on my Simplicity tractors for a while now. I have never worked on a Hydro-Static transmission before. I don't want make any mistakes. Thanks in advance. Is there any way to get a complete copy of the 7016H manual that PhanDad provided the page from.

Thanks again

Steve

7013S

7016H

The fill tube for the Hydro, is located at the rear of the tractor. It is between the verticle hitch arms. I believe the cap on the tube is a 3/4".