Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

So I found a trencher

CTD01

Semi local guy I have dealt with before text me a week ago asking me if I ever heard of a trencher.My response was you bet! He said a guy he knew was getting rid of it. So after hemming and hawing over it and talking with josh I went up sunday and bought it. All the pics I see of these things just have the chain with the cutting teeth. Mine has extensions on that I will measure up tonight. It needs to be on a bigger tractor but my main thing was to get this thing home!

IMG_6464.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

137179.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg.4d913a235980ab67b28a4cf152a2d793.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg.ace20885c2db8be8a09fe4288643724e.jpg

137179.jpg.962dfff17701a3d7d54562b21de36e96.jpg

I was told It was a dealer model so it was never sold and rarely used. The teeth look near new

That is one heck of a good find! I could have used that a year ago when I wired my barn and had to bury the pipe for the wire. lol.

Great Find!dOddOd

Wanna practice using it? I need to run a gas line to my new barn...and I'm not looking forward to digging it by hand! Paying for your gas to Michigan is probably still cheaper than a rental.

quote:Originally posted by Mike_H

Wanna practice using it? I need to run a gas line to my new barn...and I'm not looking forward to digging it by hand! Paying for your gas to Michigan is probably still cheaper than a rental.

id="quote">
id="quote">Paul, I'd be happy to do this for Mike, in your absence. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Only knew of three of these, now four! Rare find indeed ^

id="quote">
id="quote">I am aware of 6 mounted to a Simplicity/Allis now. I think this makes about a dozen as far as H-900's go...so far.This one was on craigslist in 2011. I can find the posts, but cannot find the pics. I have them saved somewhere.

Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
id="quote">Even less gas (fuel) money!

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Mike, Dorr isn't much closer to Connecticut than you are ;)

id="quote">
id="quote">HA...I guess I just assumed that you had one of these too Josh...You have nearly everything else!