Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

power steering sovereign buy

maxwood

Hello, A couple weeks ago I bought a (1693407)Sovereign with a bad Triad engine that has power steering . I had previously repowered a 7117 with a 22 HP predator engine . I swapped the 22 HP engine from the 7117 into the newer sovereign . After wiring the predator engine into the newer sovereign, I got all safety switches to work. Not wanting to cut another hood to fit the Predator large muffler I made a Muffler , similar to one I built a few years ago for a Briggs repower . The tractor drives smooth and steering is effortless .

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

Thanks Ken in Mi

IMG_1875.JPG.cc4ee692fb2db573d490d81c0e795da2.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG.ea6696594f61a79f5082f349d6db1ec0.JPG

Hello,thanks , I still have to rewire the headlights, the wires were melted ,the decal around the headlights is also melted

Thanks Ken in Mi

thats clean i bought one a couple of weeks ago with a blown triad but not as nice a shape as yours.

Ones with power steering are few and far between around here C At least ones near a price I want to pay :D

Looks good, has anyone ever figured out a work around for the small alternator? or parts?

That is what keeps me from considering a repower with the Predator.

• Like 1

Hello, THe problem with building something to sell, is the hours it takes to fabricate all the pieces, and assemble them and my welding isn't perfect. 5-6 hrs of build time at ?$ per hour ?

On my own time I am not spending much . If someone wants to build them I will share my design .

I have a sound meter app on my phone and when I checked the engine running at full throttle it was 83 decibels .

Thanks Ken in Mi

Hello, The 7117 is for sale in the classified section.

I don't need 4 sovereigns !! LOL

Thanks Ken in Mi

Nice work Ken. If I can make a trip work in that (MI) direction I am going to make an attempt to stop, visit, and see your fine machinist work.

Hello, I always enjoy visitors . Stop by and chat .

Thanks Ken in Mi

Ken,

How many attachments do you have?

If more than 3, you need the 7117, maybe more if you want to be an official tractor sickness member - Minimum of one tractor per attachment; more than one tractor per attachment is OK.

sm00sm00

hello. 3 running sovereigns, 1 sears gt14 1978.

3 simplicity mower decks

3 plow blades

1 snowblower

1 brinly box blade

1 cultivator (sleeve hitch )

3 trailers

1 turbo blower and leaf cart.

I have to thank My sickness enabler The Talntedmrgreen

who supplies me with the drug I need.LOL

Thanks Ken in Mi

Ken it looks great, glad you got it going. Now that it's up and running I'll have to come over and check it out. I got my 7790 a few weeks ago and it's growing on me, but I kinda wish I would have kept the power stearing.

Hello, Come on over , let me know when? That Traid engine leaked oil everywhere what a mess.

IMG_1878.JPG

Thanks Ken in Mi

IMG_1878.JPG.7b61d2ac0c3e22f5d8c6c5e0fc1f98a0.JPG

It's beginning to sound like an Open House at Ken's:J

I'll bring a couple chairs, a smile and power steering for Phil.

Hello, I've got 3 sovereigns we can take turns riding around in the woods. unless you want to bring your own.

Thanks ken in Mi

quote:Originally posted by maxwood

Hello, The 7117 is for sale in the classified section. I don't need 4 sovereigns !! LOLThanks Ken in Mi

id="quote">
id="quote">4 Sovereign? ? That would be foolish sm01.Who needs more then one riding mower anyways? :I

Hello, You always need at least 2, so that when one gets stuck you can pull it out with the 2nd one!

Thanks Ken in Mi