Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

AC 410 Garden Tractor

LesH

Hi

My AC 410 is supposed to have the 10 HP Kohlet K241 engine with the small starter.

Does anyone have any spec or serial numbers that would specify the small starter (not the large starter generator)?

Thanks.sm01

PhanDad

Info from the AC 400 Parts Manual:

AC400_Starter.JPG

AC400_Starter.JPG.8be8787f435d97eba86531ebd14a9528.JPG

Chris727

According to my Deutz-Allis to Kohler reference list, 72067148 crosses over to a-237534 which supersedes to 45-098-09-s.

I believe if you use Kohler engine spec # 46578, it may be the correct engine for the 310/410 tractors.

oldsarge

I guess I don't see what you're trying to do!!!!!!!!?

LesH

I am trying to find the correct 10 hp Kohler engine for the AC410. I have seen some with the large starter generator but need the correct numbers for the engine with the small starter. I don't have an engine to get the numbers off of.

Thanks.

Brettw

I believe, engines with the large starter/generator are Briggs models, not the Kohlers.

Chris727

There were never any Kohlers with starter generators installed on AC lawn or garden equipment from factory. There is also no listing of engines used on the AC lawn and garden equipment and nearest I can tell there never was such a listing, so it will require someone who has one with an original engine to provide the number. The number I provided in an earlier post was a K241 engine that Kohler sold to Allis Chalmers so my bet is that is the number you need as Allis only bought the engines for the 300 and 400 Series. Simplicity bought the engines used on the 700 and 900 Series after the anti-trust dispute was settled.