Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Gcabinet1

Tire question

farmtoybuilder

That's widest you can use and you could probably use a 24" diameter 10.50X12. mower is the limiting factor! Using tiller larger diameter would be a negative, due to faster ground speed

BLT

You need different rims for 26 X 12 - 12. 8.5 and 10.5 tires have an approx 7" rim width and the 26 X 12-12 has an approx 8" rim width and the 26 inch tire have a wider profile when inflated which almost causes an interference with the PTO pulleys so the mounting face of the rim has a shallower dimension pushing the tire away from the interference point. Simplicity offered those tires in the 3000 series tractor, but finding parts book info in them is a closely guarded secret. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=120736&SearchTerms=Tale+of+two+tires

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by Gcabinet1

Thanks LloydGood to know, do you know what size the rims were.

id="quote">
id="quote">Lloyd's tractor is a B-112, and longer than your B-110. I'm not certain you would get the deck clearance. Is there a function to wanting balloon tires, or just for kicks?

PhanDad

The mower decks are not designed to be run in the "up", "transport" position. If you do, usually the drive belt will fail. The deck and drive system are designed to mow with the back rollers on the ground.

That's the one short coming of the left discharge, deep Simplicity/AC decks, max cutting height is about 3"; you're lucky if you can get the 3 1/4" "spec" cutting height.

Kent
quote:Originally posted by Gcabinet1

Thanks Bill, I guess I'll have to go to plan b.(Not sure what plan b is yet)Gary

id="quote">
id="quote">A pull-behind rough-cut mower, maybe? Like those designed for ATVs, etc. Means you have to drive over the stuff before cutting though. Other alternative is the hard-to-find front brushcutter....

MikeES

I mow a 2 acre field about 3 times a year. Over the 36 years we have lived here I have mowed that field with a HB212, 712, 917, all with 48" decks in the transport position and I have never had a belt problem. My belts (non-simplicity) last for 10 years or more.

Simplicity7013H
quote:Originally posted by BLT

You need different rims for 26 X 12 - 12. 8.5 and 10.5 tires have an approx 7" rim width and the 26 X 12-12 has an approx 8" rim width and the 26 inch tire have a wider profile when inflated which almost causes an interference with the PTO pulleys so the mounting face of the rim has a shallower dimension pushing the tire away from the interference point. Simplicity offered those tires in the 3000 series tractor, but finding parts book info in them is a closely guarded secret. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=120736&SearchTerms=Tale+of+two+tires

id="quote">
id="quote">I have OEM Simplicity 8" wide rims with large tires on them FROM THE FACTORY!! They were on my 3112H but now they are on my 7013H. Are these rare?

1978Simplicity7016H

My 7016H came with the paperwork, and on the recept it says “7018 tires” I dont remember the size right now, but they are bigger than normall. They are Firestone Turf and Field. They are loaded. Is this rare?

image.jpeg