Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MDB

Update on the fiberglass mower deck repair

MDB

10 years ago I posted a thread about restoring rusted mower decks with fiberglass woven cloth and resin.http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=60662#tophttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=64507&SearchTerms=mower,deckHere is how one has held up after 10 years of use and abuse.

deck-2.jpg

deck-4.jpg

I would say not too bad for 10 years of some pretty rough mowing...

deck-3.jpg

notice some chipping from use but most of the fiberglass is still holding.

deck-1.jpg

And some nice stripes to show.

deck-2.jpg.a209473c9a75510d8e03313cfffc4a27.jpg

deck-4.jpg.6fad8cc5d9ea764843954446bd054d80.jpg

deck-3.jpg.b91ed4911414d3900de0f9b9a7fd7bbb.jpg

deck-1.jpg.5eeaa0fb57b1d15503d33962495861df.jpg

Hick

You may have just saved my 60" Deutz-Allis deck from the scrap yard! I've welded patches on my JD decks (sandy soil really wears out decks!), but this DA deck is pitted and holed in a lot of places. Never thought of using fiberglass!

I bought a Camry from my nephew in Minnesota a year ago. Had a BIG 6" rust hole in the driver's door from a bad body shop repair. I've repaired the fiberlass hood on my JD before with fiberglass, so I delved into the fiberglass / metal repair on the Camry. It doesn't look as purdy as new, but it is sealed up. Also did a rear fender well. So I'm comfy working with fiberglass.

THANKS!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Groundhog76
    • SmilinSam
    • Tom45
    • abu507
    • tamurmueen
    • PhanDad
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts