Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

regulator-rectifier wire

jackmcl123

i have a/c 416s lawn tractor the ignition sw went bad so i hooked up a push sw to start it up. where can i hook up the yellow wire running from the regulator. it was connected to the old sw.

More then likely, the existing switch had a provision to disconnect the regulator when you shut down the engine to make it automatic. If that is a Kohler engine and it has 12V ignition system, you can accomplish it by using a Bosch 5 terminal relay.

quote:Originally posted by jackmcl123

how do you do that thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">Figue 3, tap igniton sorce and connect to 85 and ground it by conecctibg 86 as coil only draws milliaamps. Then connect yellow to 30 and connect 87 to ammeter wire that should come from ignition switch. http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

here is what i have now a push button sw with 2 terminals.one hooked to power coming from amp gauge and the other with one wire to coil and one wire to starter soil relay . where do a go to hook up 5 pin relay.

as per what wires hook to relay tried a couple of different ways but still not working.said it worked good but jumped to quick

Then I need a circuit diagram of what you have. I know by my description it will work. I can't help anymore unless I see circuit diagram.

this is what i have now but my ignition sw is gone.

and now i would like to replace with push button sw which has to 2 terminals and the 5 pin relay. i hope you can open this diagram but if you cannot it is under allis chalmers 300 & 400 series rm .pdf

on page 127,i have the breaker point ignition system.the tractor i have is 416 s allis chalmers.

i can not get diagram to copy.

i could put new sw on but too bull headed

or cheap.

thanks

Well then you need an on-off switch for the ignition or whatever energizes the points. Then you also connect a parallel wire that feeds the coil and connect it to 85 of relay and ground it thru 86.