Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Motor for B110

Noly

I have a B110 that needs a motor. my son has a Briggs and Stratton motor 16 hp 326437 0288 01 that was on a grain anger and has a low mount starter, they are 180 miles apart. not sure if starter will clear tractor frame. any thoughts on if it will work? we do not plan on getting together anytime soon. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas. Roger

I would mount the S/G plate and S/G on it. Pretty straight forward. Everything would fit as long as the 16hp has the mounting holes in the side of the block. As long as you have a spare S/G, then you could use the B-110's original wiring harness.

S/G = Starter Generator

If the replacement engine had the typical gas tank mounted on the non-carb side, it has the holes in the block needed for the S/G bracket (same holes are used). I would also think the "rope start" pulley is also on the flywheel side of the engine. Every Briggs 16HP single cylinder I've seen has the gas tank mounting holes and "rope start" pulley. Based on the following pics of my B-110 and 7016H, I think you'd have to remove the starter cover tin and patch the resulting hole. Definitely doable.

IMG_2227a.jpg

IMG_8983a.JPG

Another issue might be the oil fill, drain, and/or dipstick. A pic of the replacement engine would answer the questions.

IMG_2227a.jpg.3ed6824323e48803437133049ebf827c.jpg

IMG_8983a.JPG.1cd0f080765b019922b5c565d20eb4c1.JPG

Oh, I forgot about the gear starter cover and the dipstick.

Would the gear starter fit behind the frame of the B-110? I dont think it would.

Thanks for the replies, we are going to try it next time we get together, if oil fill wont work might have to take base off and turn it 180 degrees. will have to play it by ear