Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 916H Project

bigdog46

Here are some before and after pictures of my Allis Chalmers 916H project: Before:

9161.jpg

9163.jpg

After:

916h1resiz.jpg

916h2resiz.jpg

9161.jpg.8c4c4b366bfcbc97c91a880e108b422c.jpg

9163.jpg.214e5fe514379cb8447fa4e1919eab30.jpg

916h1resiz.jpg.bffdb51d551fe41f6b58489ba95e8ef1.jpg

916h2resiz.jpg.66b19deb5a24662d9ecf6685126550e2.jpg

Beautiful looking tractor, great job! Love to see that old iron get a second life!

Steve

Amazing transformation! I believe I remember seeing that one posted somewhere before, was "redone" by the dealer before sitting out for years.....

Yes, Chris727, the guy I got it from said his dad had a dealer do $600 worth of work on it and it sat for 3 years because the dad's health declined. I guess most of the work must have been the engine since it runs great and does not smoke or make any weird noises. Thanks for the kind words. Gary

Nice job! Any progress pictures you can share? What was involved? Was it a full teardown and rebuild, or just repaint the tins?

No, I do not have any progress pictures. I spent a lot of time on the deck as I had to treat the rust with Extend, repair some cracks, replace bearings, fabricate the angle piece of the rock guard, install belt covers, prime & paint. On the tractor I had to replace tires, seat, hydro pump fan, cover, drive belt, seat deck latches, steering wheel center cap, muffler, 916 Hydro decals and repaint entire tractor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
    • airgunner
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts