Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rummage sale find

skot71

Found this at a rummage sale over the weekend. Was at our place at the lake. Walked up to the sale, and walked right past this, into the garage to look around. Usually Simplicity and Allis stuff I'll spot right off. Walked out of the garage and saw it. Great shape, 75 bucks. I think I did OK. Home made top made of wood and perforated metal. Ought to work fine.

Frontsmall.jpg

Sidesmall.JPG

Backsmall.jpg

Frontsmall.jpg.850a2a35b6b45b2d66784849a65faf74.jpg

Sidesmall.JPG.e6761cf206550b5c59e5de5d29c2a9f8.JPG

Backsmall.jpg.d4c3297898aeffdf3853bdbf34bd90f7.jpg

Excellent pickup! I paid $60 just for a trailer a few years ago and thought I did ok. Are you going to use it or just keep it?

I have 2 small frame tractors, so I'll use it. Ought to be great for getting rid of the leaves this fall especially. Gotta clean out my one shed so I'll have somewhere to put it!

Holy cow - I would say you hit the jackpot there!

Yep, something that looks the way it does after all these years must have been under cover most of the time, and needs to be garaged.

Thanks guys! Yep, it will be inside a shed. Hate having things sit outside. The guy I got it from said it had been used behind an Exmark, or something like that. My Dad is retired, and stayed at the lake a few more days with my Mom and wife. They'll be home tonight so I can check it out more. Shed cleaning after work, huh? :)

It's been modified to fit annother mower. I'll have to adapt it to fit my Regent or 727.