Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Milan auction buys

B-16_IC

Thought I should share some pictures of the trio I hauled home Saturday. I owned a Homesteader with tiller once before and have missed it so it stays. The tiller doesn't appear to have much wear. The 707 is just too cute, and besides the missing seat is as original as one could hope for. It looks to be low houred, especially for it's age. Had it fired briefly, needs carb cleaning and rodent eviction. sm00 The 738 has a great dealer decal, always fun seeing those. That one hasn't travelled too far since new.

20160529_180700_zpszdu5lpjd.jpg

20160529_180714_zps1tf0sqyf.jpg

20160529_180736_zps1aqg9xfj.jpg

20160529_180727_zps4dx4fdhi.jpg

20160529_180745_zpsw2f0xl9x.jpg

20160529_180841_zpszstfzbql.jpg

20160529_180822_zpsj3gx8jbe.jpg

Thanks guys. I am pretty happy, was tempted to buy several others but funds and space were limited. Small frames usually help with both those criteria!

Nice lot. Heres some stories of mine to go with your pieces...

I got a 5010 with one of those tillers. Love it for cultivating between the garden rows throughout the summer. Had quite a time getting the tiller. Sent a guy to the auction over by Cameron IL(I think) to buy one and he forgot to bid on it...B)and I dont think it brought much either. Ended up getting one for $100 from a dealer friend of mine up in Polo.

The 707 brings back memories. First riding tractor I had when I was around 12. Loved the tractor, hated the deck though. Deck was old enough it didnt have a spring tensioner. You had to tighten the belt and then tighten thebolt holding the idler in place. The thing was always working loosengr2

Olsons of Galesburg.. pretty neat. Kenny Olson just lived 2 houses down from me when I was a kid out in Rural Galesburg. His dealership was in Galesburg on the north end of town where Staples sits now. He started out in Wheel Horse and ended up with Simplicity in the 60's to early 70's some time.

After he sold out and closed up, he had me over and sold me some NOS attachmenst he had at home. Was going to have him out and see my stuff and bs some, but he died suddenly of a heart attack before he could get by. At his estate auction I bought a bunch of other tractor stuff too.

As Bob Hope used to say..."Thanks for the memories"dOd

Here's an addition to those memories. The tiller you speak of near Cameron, I bought. It is the one I miss having that inspired me to buy this one. I used it a couple years before deciding to sell. That was the first time I met Mr England, great man. I believe that 2010 the weed mower was attached to at his moving to town sale came from the same sale. I still have the 10 inch mold board plow and front counter weight from the Cameron sale years ago, they ain't leaving! Funny how this stuff all weaves together!