Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC lawn mower B11?

Just bought a AC mower (garage sale)with 11 horse B/S engine. The model number is half hidden by the front grill; could it be a B11? I don't see any info on this tractor at this site. Since this site has everthing to offer I have to assume that I don't have the correct model number? Any advise?

It could be a B10 with a 11hp Briggs. And shame shame on you for calling a AC Garden tractor a lawn mower. Were you sent here by those green loving guys. Just kidding. Is it a yellow tractor, if so it is probably a B10 or B110. Tim

If it is a vertical engine in the front then it looks to be an AC 611 or 4211 Simp equivalent and would also have a 2-blade 36" mower

Look for a silver/black identification sticker/plate next to the shifter. It should have the Manufacturer Number (may be called Product Number) and Serial Number on it. Try reading the Manufacturer Number (ignore the Serial Number). With the Manufacturer Number, you can find it in the X-Reference Table. Fastest way to find more info on it is to use the Search This Site function, using the Manufacturer Number.

What color is it? Is it original paint? If it is original and yellow, it is a B-series tractor. If it is orange and cream or off-white, it's either a 300 or 400 series. If it's solid orange, it's a later model.

As a last resort, you could always browse the AC section and look at the pictures....

Try and find engine data. There is a slim chance that Simplicity had a sister model and as of now, can be searched up to 1981 and this site has a good library of info to work with.

If it has an 11hp engine I would suspect, it is a vertical shaft. I am not aware of any cast iron horizontal shaft 11hp Briggs being built. The cast irons (after 243000 series) were built in 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16hp. After the 16s came out all of the others were dropped wxcept the 10s. Maybe you have a B208 with an 11, Maybe they built like a 211 = to 700 series Broadmore. Does anybody know?? I,m not up on the 200 series AC. Get us some numbers and somebody will know. Good luck, AL

If that is a yellow tractor it most likely has had the engine swapped because the 11s hadn't come out until after the 5008 and 5010 series Broadmores were built. This was the end of the line for this series, and then the 4000 and 6000 series were introduced, 600 and 800 series AC, these were orange and were made in 8 and later 11 hp. Post the date code number off of the engine. It will be stamped in the shroud. Al