Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4040 Circuitbreaker-----Go Figure------

MPH

Where does a guy find it on the tractor? Found on in the repair manual in the wiring digram.

Thinking I may have flipped it putting the battery cover on because I grounded it when I touched the pos terminal putting a new battery in, which looking closer I discovered to be taller. Now the fuel pump will run but NO action turning the switch to start.

Thanks for any help.

Was gonna pull dash off the 4040, on the way to shop for tools decided to put the battery back in first, turned the key and it fired up. Got Me, all it did was sat outside for 3 days, which was a first for it since I got it.

Thanks for the ideas where to look guys.

Marty,

The circuit breaker should be in the wire bundle laying in the frame down by the starter. The circuit breaker is not mounted, it just hangs by the wires.

If the fuel pump runs, the circuit breaker is probably not the problem.

Most likely it is an issue with the safety interlocks, PTO switches, or neutral safety switch. Or it could be the connector on the back of the ignition switch.

Good Luck

John U

Thanks John.

Headed to Anchorage this morning to sell what left of last years honey at the market. Will check the switch when I get home. Saftety WHAT'S??????????B)B) Oh yea, them hemorrhoids, long since bypassed.

Marty,

Find the wire on the starter plug that goes to the starter solenoid and try jumping it to hot.

Is it daylight yet, up there?

John U

quote:Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

Marty,Find the wire on the starter plug that goes to the starter solenoid and try jumping it to hot. Is it daylight yet, up there?John U

id="quote">
id="quote">John right now at Tol, Al there is roughly 20 hrs of sunshine. :D