Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydrolift in a 1967 Simplicity 2012

ss74nova

Hydrolift in a 1967 Simplicity 2012What do I need to put a hydrolift back in this tractor? I already looked in the manual but not sure on everything. Never had a hydrolift. Would this rockshaft in the pic work? I do not see a pulley on the driveshaft or coupler for the belt to run the pump. Don't know if the whole unit was switched out to put in another tractor or this tractor never had a hydrolift. Judging by the hood decals it should have one? MarksAC has one for sale in the classifieds. Looks complete. Out of a 3212V with pump, control, coupler pulley, bracket, pin, hoses & ram. Would this work? Are they rebuildable (seals ect.). Thanks,TimHere's some pics of my 2012.

CIMG3891.JPG

CIMG3892.JPG

CIMG3904.JPG

CIMG3903.JPG

CIMG3902.JPG

CIMG3891.JPG.19f0303ad3313573d9cee0e1cff36d80.JPG

CIMG3892.JPG.080d222f3627129609e78df0ec6c2ee5.JPG

CIMG3904.JPG.58242fb4b399632c10ca6e438e1e356e.JPG

CIMG3903.JPG.aad20f9abf30cdacedd9315630463b70.JPG

CIMG3902.JPG.0e104c35e7b014834fee94630d500ad7.JPG

Marks looks complete other than hoses.

You will need to change your rock shaft. That one does not look original.

The arm that comes up to attach the rear lift rod to, there should be 2 of those side by side. The hydro cylinder hooks to one, and the rear lift rod to the other.

The pulley will go in place of the long spacers you have on your driveshaft.

Thanks guys for all the help & pics! It looks like they took the hydrolift out for some reason & replaced it with that. The white lift handle looks to be from a 700 or 725 also.

Did the 2012 come with a side cover to cover up the pump or did they leave it open?

Anybody have pics with the FDT hydrolift setup? Where the ram mounts, pump, & belt & pulleys.

Thanks

I can probably get some pictures later if no one else posts any.

The round hood foot draggers did not have a side cover with hydro lift. The flat hoods had a half cover.

I might suggest trying to find someone who has a spare set of hoses to borrow if you have yours made. The angles of the fittings are pretty important because of the space limitations.

Thanks Dan. I thought I was missing the cover, but it's not needed. Mark has a good set of hoses to include with it.

I rebuilt my pump and its just a matter of O-rings. That's all there is to it. Here is a link to a rebuild help page.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_External.asp?LinkID=79

Also, you could use some of the gasket maker stuff in a can. That's what I had to do for the spacer plate o-ring because the hardware store didn't carry one that big.

You are missing the belt pulley on the flywheel that fits between the S/G belt and the driveshaft coupling, that runs the hydropump.

One important part that is always overlooked is the pivot bar assembly attached to the assembly to engage/disengage the mid/rear PTO. For manual lift these have a bracket that uses only one bolt and for hydro it uses two. Without the correct bracket you will have issues with the lever for engaging the PTO.

It took me a while to find one on eBay and for another tractor I had to make my own.

quote:Originally posted by theniteowl

One important part that is always overlooked is the pivot bar assembly attached to the assembly to engage/disengage the mid/rear PTO. For manual lift these have a bracket that uses only one bolt and for hydro it uses two. Without the correct bracket you will have issues with the lever for engaging the PTO.It took me a while to find one on eBay and for another tractor I had to make my own.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks for the tip, but I'm confused.Do you have a pic of this? Not sure what to look for. The mid PTO has a different mounting bracket? Why would a hydro PTO be different than a manual on a FDT? I thought the mid PTO'S would be the same.

Looking at it again it may be the model of the PTO control assembly that uses a different bracket, I am not absolutely certain.Below you will see the bracket for the PTO handle is smaller and mounted at an angle. It is also bolted to the frame in only one location. The bracket on the tractor with the hydrolift is mounted horizontally, bolts into two holes and is larger than the one for the PTO assembly.

Manualbracket.jpg

Hydrobracket.jpg

Manualbracket.jpg.9bc4743d00fe8b03cc95d7191d6c9194.jpg

Hydrobracket.jpg.d651fc13729567f87f0108417a0dcf4f.jpg

Thanks for the quick pics! That's something I would have never thought of. I will look into that.

Thanks,

Tim

Here's the PTO parts schematic, you can see the different pivot brackets.

Parts_Diagram.JPG

I think the reason for the bracket difference is with only one bolt, the bracket tends to rotate up. With the manual lift, the bracket hits the quadrant bracket. With the hydro lift, there's nothing to stop it from rotating.

Parts_Diagram.JPG.49dc7c67cd8e8a00280c9309ee7f61dd.JPG

Thanks Bill!

I looked in my parts bin I got with the tractor & all the extra mid PTO's are the manual style.:( I guess I'll be on the lookout for that bracket for the Hydrolift style.