Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gasket for B-110

Gcabinet1

Hi Guys anyone know where I can get a Trans Gasket for my AC B-110 1968 vintage (3 speed)

The ones I checked said they don't make them anymore.

Thanks Gary

I use Permatex "Right Stuff" on all my gearboxes. You can fill the case with lube as soon as you put it together. It has never given me a problem. The only place you cannot use it is when the fiber gasket acts as a spacer in close tolerance situations. I don't believe this to be an issue with your gearbox.

It is available at most auto parts stores.

John U

quote:Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

I use Permatex "Right Stuff" on all my gearboxes. You can fill the case with lube as soon as you put it together. It has never given me a problem. The only place you cannot use it is when the fiber gasket acts as a spacer in close tolerance situations. I don't believe this to be an issue with your gearbox.It is available at most auto parts stores.John U

id="quote">
id="quote">I love that stuff. Works great for anything that needs sealed. I used it on my hydrolift just a few weeks ago on the pump spacer plate. Chris: why use a gasket or wait for it to get shipped to you when you can just use the "Right Stuff" gasket maker? I've used it several times without issues.(if you haven't noticed... I'm a slight bit impatient when waiting for parts. Lol)

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Ideally on a transmission you need to use the gasket.

id="quote">
id="quote">Chris, do you think the gasket is needed for spacing in this instance?Right Stuff will certainly seal the case just as well as a gasket.John U