Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax and Allis prices

720nut

They started out in the low 4,000 range. I have old price lists in my shop and thats what I recall

The Montgomery Ward section has prices for Twin Twenty which is a cousin to the Allis and Powermax with some prices for attachments and the base price for the tractor. May not be exact but should be close. I priced one in 1973 and it list for around 4200 for the tractor . I opted to keep my 71 3314. The price at the time seemed too much for what I needed. Now I wish I had bit the bullet and got one with a mower and especially a front end loader

I remember seeing it and looked but been unable to find, was hoping someone would repost it. Thanks Blazerjeepman I'll check it out

I have a 1974 price list for 620 and attachments and other L&G stuff from that year. I can't get it to upload here!!!!!!!!! C Send me your email address and I'll email it too you. If anyone has complete L&G price list from 72 & 73 please post them.

I worked for an AC dealer for over 25 years. About 1982 we sold an AC720 with the 60" deck to a local nonprofit called Belmont Conference Center. AC had a special discount program for nonprofits that let us sell it to them at dealer cost. As I recall it netted out around $6500 to them after discounts and a $1000 trade in on a really worn out AC620. In 1990 I bought it back from them along with an ACD15 with a Wagner loader for $700. At that point, they had worn out the CCKB, rebuilt it, worn it out again, replaced it with a new CCKB engine, and worn that one out to the point it was using a quart of oil to a tank of gas and looked like it was laying a smoke screen. I had that one rebuilt and used for a primary mower until 2009. It now sits in the pole barn awaiting total restoration when I retire.

quote:Originally posted by phillobbezoo

John that tractor has cought my eye, I wish I was closer to check it out. I want a 4041......

id="quote">
id="quote">310 miles is just a nice Saturday ride!

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Can someone please post or repost these lists your reffering to. Thank you

id="quote">
id="quote">Lloyd, Jeff said above that he has a '74 price list he would email to you, since he cannot get it to load. I don't think anyone is withholding...I think the information is obscure, so few people have it.

The twin twenty section of this site does post 1974 prices for tractor and the loader,back and front blade,mower and back hoe. Allis and powermax are not that far off from these prices.Note the comment about prices are from 1974 after listing of attachments

Realize the twin twenty site does not list all the attachments for the tractor. I have a lot of material on these tractors and I am going to see if can find my lists.