Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord 101 wheel bearinga

BrendonV

Getting my 1966 landlord 101 back going again. Took off rims to change tires and the inner bearings with the seal fell apart.

Timken Lm11900L

Do I have any options?

I have been using the same bearing that is used in the mower deck spindles. These are sealed so no long a problem. They fit perfectly. Have these in my daily tractor for 6 years now with out any problems.

I have been using the deck bearings as well in my 900 series tractors. The Prestige has 25mm bearings just replaced those a couple weeks ago after using it since new in 2002.

Front wheel bearings are tapered roller bearings. The mower deck spindle bearings are ball bearings. The reason Engineers use tapered roller bearings for wheel bearings is a tapered bearing takes the vertical load from the wheel and splits the load into a vertical and axial load.

• 2 weeks later...

Check the bearings from Sandy Lake. I did before ordering a set for my deck last time, and the bearings on her shelf had CHINA on the race. I wondered why my deck killed bearings yearly. Bought some SKF, and yes, I paid more, but have not worked on the deck bearings in about 7-8 years, and they still run smooth. Front wheel bearings were also marked CHINA, and lasted a couple years. The Timkens were put in the same time the deck was rebuilt. To me, time is more precious than the almighty dollar.

When I restored my 2010 2 years ago I had to replace one of the inner bearings with the seal and they were still available through partstree

http://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/2010-990395-simplicity-landlord-2010-garden-tractor-10hp-ml/front-wheels-axle-tie-rod-steering/

They are expensive, but they were an exact replacement.