Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help me ID this tractor?

Bosazga

Sorry, the forum isn't working well for me today...

I'm new to this forum and am thankful for all the helpful info I found so far!

I'm trying to ID my new (old) tractor, which, based on looking at photos and forums, looks like a 64-67 A-C B-110. Someone painted it blue - must've been a Ford guy...

I've enclosed some photos, and have not found any identifying marks on it, other than the engine.

I got it running by replacing the battery, cleaning the points and getting a new plug wire, but need a few things addressed:

- Only 1st & 3rd gear work (upper left and right positions) no reverse, so I need to see how to free those up

- Clutch needs adjustment I think

- Do I need the side discharge shroud to get grass to more easily flow out the side?

- Any advice on what to replace my seat with (it's rotted)?

- How do I locate all the right belts and such with no ID?

- I found a manual online for a Simplicity Landlord 101, which appears very similar

- What should I go thru and service first, so I can enjoy this thing? So far, I replaced the gas, oil, air filter, idler pulley , arbor drive and PTO drive belts. I have new blades on-order.

- What engine is this?

I'm not a natural mechanic, but I'm not scared, can follow directions and remove and reinstall things pretty well.

any advice helps!

Welcome to the club. A lot of your questions can be answered by the videos a member here has on you tube. Search for Zippo Varga tractor videos. Good luck with your tractor...Dave

Based on the engine data, your tractor should be a product number 990350 or 351, (101) and you can download an operators book by going to the Simplicity website located at the top of this thread.

Is there a tag behind the seat in the middle? That would tell the model # & serial #. Maybe it's painted over.

The seat isn't original. Maybe you can locate one off ebay or put an ad in the classifieds on this site.

The engine is a 10 HP Briggs & Stratton. The first digits 243431 are the engine model #. The 0123 01 is the engine type. The last 6 digits on the engine are the date code. The engine was made on April 11 1966.

It looks to be a 1966 Simplicity Landlord 101 & should have the model # on the tag behind the seat like Bob described.

990350 would be a manual lift & 990351 would be a Hydrolift. Yours has the manual lever so I assume it would be a 990350 model.

The mower deck looks period correct also with the wire foot rests coming out of it too. They mow fine without the discharge chute. I think it's mostly for safety & to keep stones from flying up.

A good place to look for parts or part #s is www.jackssmallengines.com .

Good luck & welcome to the club.