Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sunstar ignition switch

tall-guy2

can any one tell me the stens part number for simplicity sunstar ignition switch number 1701256sm. I have looked all night and can not fined it any where, my computer skills are not the greatest. thank for any help.

besides paying dealer price is there nothing available. seems like some one would have after market one available.

jj.jpg

I have a Rotary account and in my book this is the only thing close to the Simplicity wiring diagram. Your switch doesn`t have the terminal that is marked with the 3 on it but the rest of the terminals look the same. Not sure what the terminal marked with the 3 does. Maybe BLT would know.http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGNITION-SWITCH-FOR-KOHLER-25-099-04-S-2509932S-STENS-430-110-TORO-10-3991-/111932231515?hash=item1a0fae4f5b:g:K~sAAOSwh-1W4iDJHere is more of the Rotary 7280 switch.http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xrotary+7280.TRS0&_nkw=rotary+7280&_sacat=0

ssm.jpg

This is from the Sunstar wiring diagram and the part number you listed above says they used the same.

jj.jpg.ea404df552bc1bf586358ca317610bb4.jpg

ssm.jpg.9f609d78f0bba5e3a9107660224695fd.jpg

ray thanks for your respounce. I will do some comparing and see if I can make it work. I thank you again for your help.

The Sunstar has a four position switch and the Rotary is only three. Sunstar uses one of the positions to turn head lights on. With out looking at diagram, I think the switch position is Off, Run -lights, Run and Start.

I ordered one from local dealer and should be in by tuesday. thanks to all for your help. Now how do you get the thing out with out tearing the thing all apart.

quote:Originally posted by tall-guy2

I ordered one from local dealer and should be in by tuesday. thanks to all for your help. Now how do you get the thing out with out tearing the thing all apart.

id="quote">
id="quote">If you remove R.H. side panels, you should be able to access switch.

Hello,

My Cub 2183, 1811 and early 782 have this same sequence ignition switch.

quote: I think the switch position is Off, Run -lights, Run and Start. id="quote">
id="quote">

Andy

Waldorf Md