Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power washer recomendations

Noly

my wife thought she was doing me a favor and bought a 1650 PSI power washer from Harbor freight. it works great for about 10 minutes. then starts starving itself for water. using a 5/8 hose let it sit a half hour and maybe it will work again and maybe not. usually wait a day or two and repeat.

Any recommendations on a decent power washer that will not break the bank?

Is 5/8 hose new or at least pretty new? had the same thing with one of my commercial power washers and the hose apparently went bad because switched out hose with brand new hose and problem ceased immediately.

Hello Noly,

I've found with little pressure washers, the supply hose has to be burped of all air when hooked up or the poor little things get "vapor lock" and take forever to clear out.

I've started putting a y connector at the pressure washer so I can burp all the air out the unused outlet on the Y.

That, or I take the nozzle off the end of wand and clamp the trigger and let it bleed water for a few minutes.

If yours has failed, sorry for your loss.

I've been trough a few small electric ones, and find the Green Works 2000 PSI machine at lowes to be the longest lasting so far.

Regards