Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got storage!

StinKy

If you keep the running gear under it, you better make sure that a Simplicity/AC-collecting trucker doesn't hook up his tractor to it and drive away!

Once I get her in place, my tractors will have a home. It's all fiberglass so minimum maintenance. I understand if ya leave the running gear under them they cant charge property tax either (at least around here). Will give it a coat of camo paint this summer. Dick http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?src=/PhotoLoft/Asset18/2002/02/21/9017/9017212_0_7405.fpx,0,0,1,1,384,288,FFFFFF

That's an excellent idea. Awhile back a trucking company I worked for had dozens of those things parked in the yard that were obsolete and in need of repairs. I hooked the boss up with a guy that wanted them all and he paid $1000 apiece for all of them sight unseen. They were all aluminum and I had to make them all weathertight with sheet metal, pop rivets and lots of roofing patch compound. They are huge inside and make a nice storage unit. Lot's of trucking companys out there unloading them cheap too. Some even rent out space in them in their yards or deliver to you for leases cheap.

Stinky, BE CAREFULL!! I have been in the transportation industry for 41 years. Schneider National lost a trailer in Los Angeles for 6 yrs. Found it in an area where 2 Vietnamese families had cut a hole in floor for entrance and were living in it.. Keep your rent high and area well lighted!!!! M. Kerr

Herb,it's 45 foot. I got it dirt cheap cause approx. 8 ft. of the floor on the right side broke away from the frame and is pushed down about a foot. Big fork truck caused it. The rest of the floor and bottom sills are in good shape but I think rust in that particular area was why it broke. I have 20 ton bottle jack and 8 ft. 6X6 which should put it back in place. I'll make up some heavy angle brackets and bolt or weld them in under the floor to finish up the repair. The manufacturer's tag on it says 1979 but it's been pretty well cared for, the floor is the only thing wrong with it. I doubt I'll ever approach the load weight it was built for even with the patched up floor. Dick

Marion, If I keep this tractor "hobby" going I may be the one living in it!!! Must admit wife did'nt object at all about getting it, BUT makes me wonder what plans she might be hatching as to how to appropiately use "my" storage space ie Lawn ornaments deck furniture Christmas stuff, well you get the idea............... Dick

Dick, make you sure park it where you plan on leaving it FOREVER. I moved mine last fall, they hold a LOT of 'stuff'. Had mine parked in a prefect location when I got it and used it as a feed store for many years, that went away due to mistaken trust so the van slowly filled up as dry storage, took me 3 days to clean it out..MPH

Keep it dark inside and make some black baffles inside like a magician would to make the interior look small. Put her stuff in there and use the rest for your tractor magic..Woody