Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new toy

phillobbezoo

Last Sunday I went and picked it up. It was about a 9 hour round trip. It runs and drives everything works. Just needs a little tinkering, new drive belts, change the fuel pump around and a few other odds and ends was defiantly worth the trip, here's a cid:E086422F-64AE-460F-B28B-96436EA619B6

Sorry it won't let me up load the pics for some reason, Rick if you still have a few pics maybe you could through a few up for me sorry

Yeah I think so, I called as soon as I seen it. It's a good thing I did because he said his phone was blowin up after I put money down on it. it will fit in nice with the 7790 and the other 3 pmaxs in the barn. This brings the attachment list close to 15, there's only a few left to find, when it comes to the pmax attachments

Holy cow, Phil -how in the world did you get ahold of this rare combo?

Congrats!

I couldn't believe I got it either, it was for sale for about 5 hours when I called. When I heard it ran and everything worked I put money down on it, and it was worth it. A few carb adjustments new points and condenser and it seems to run like a top now. The hydro had me a little nervous but a new set of drive belts and a new bushing in the drive linkage and it works great now.

Hello, I am not that familiar with the powermax's. Is that a brantly backhoe? If so is that why it is rare? It looks like a complete package with loader and backhoe . Great find !!

Thanks Ken in Mi

Yes it's a brantly backhoe. And yes there rather rare, it's a complete package along with the rops which are also rare. I've only seen a couple other packages like this come up for sale, this is the 3rd or 4th in the last year or so. Before that I'd never seen one for sale

Believe there's a bunch of us considering on moving on in life and wondering if we really need all these tractors, just a thought and my $.02

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Believe there's a bunch of us considering on moving on in life and wondering if we really need all these tractors, just a thought and my $.02

id="quote">
id="quote">Lloyd...what in thecensored1.gifdoes that have to do with the price of tea in China? Phil's sharing...some of us are excited for him.

Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
id="quote">Josh, I took Llyod's comment as an opinion as to why several had come up for sale recently.

Thanks David that's what I meant, I was by no means try to discredit anyone. Josh sorry if I came across that way was no my intention. nough said!!! I'm very impressed with Phils find can't wait to see it in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Lloyd, if you are already on the way to Hutchinson, I would store AND PLAY with any of your little tractors that would fall off the trailer at my house - kinda on the way!

Mac I'ld love to go but just not in the cards for this year, maybe next year. I'm trying to find the time to go to Phils and check out this tractor, hopefully by winter.

Your always welcome. Just let me get the motor back in it. I pulled it last week and I swapped it over to electronic ignition. It's ready to go back in, just need the time