Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JimB

Sunstar mower deck belt

JimB

My 48" Sunstar mower deck has a "V" pulley on the gear box and the back side of the belt is against the "V". I've checked the diagram and the belt is on correctly routed. Whenever a gear box shows up for sale on Ebay, it also has a "V" pulley. Is running the backside of a belt on a "V" pulley correct for the Sunstar decks?

CarlH

I may not have been clear. I have both 48" and 60" Sunstar decks. They both use a double ANGLE V-belt (different lengths) that is hexagonal in cross-section. They do not use 2 matching V-belts. There are also other Sunstar 60" decks that the left most blade rotates the same direction as the other 2 blades that MAY use a conventional V-belt.

JimB

Thanks for all the help. The Double V hexagonal belt is correct for the Sunstar decks. I ordered one from the dealer and that's what arrived. Also, if you type the belt part number into EBay's search, both hexagonal (correct) and regular single V (incorrect) will show up. I only replaced my belt with the regular V belt....now I know why I was shredding belts.