Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign mower deck belt.

DanD

Just passing along my experience. I have always said that one should only get Simplicity belts...especially ones that run a twisty route like the one from the BGB to the mower. Mine needed to be new this spring after about 5 years. It was a Simplicity belt. They all of a sudden start vibrating badly and when you look the old belt is pulled in sideways into the pulleys. Since I needed one quickly I got a Gates special mower belt from Oreilly. Lasted almost a month. Luckily in the meantime I had gotton a new Simplicity belt. I guess we'll see how long this one lasts. It is now branded Briggs and Stratton and made in Mexico but has the Simplicity part number on it. We'll see I guess. Also the Gates belt was $26 and the Simplicity was $21.

$21 is cheap for a real Simplicity belt.

I keep a couple of cheap Jason $8, 78" belts on hand just in case. Some of them have lasted a surprisingly long time but they are still inferior to the real thing.

I have aftermarket PTO belts on both my RBT's. One has been running since 2007 and the other since 4 years ago this fall. Your mileage may vary. Mind you I never work either tractor very hard.

That is a great price for the Simplicity. I run Gates Bladerunner belts, mainly because that is what my local O'Reilly has, and I've never had one fail on me in 4 years...and I push it sometimes, especially the mower. I'm always keeping my eyes open for reasonably priced Simplicity belts, though.

On my newer machines I have been using Simplicity belts exclusively and I keep a lot of OEM belts for my older machines too:

racks_002.jpg

racks_002.jpg.27ac349135328bc784112e673c69f11d.jpg