Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Coronet

dhoadley

Would think any engine would fit like a 13 hp Predator, have one on my compressor love it. Would be cheap mower. Hats off to your parents for wanting to stay activedOddOd

If it is MY 2004, here is the mower data for that model year. My best guess is that it has the std 1" c'shaft and could probaly drop in a Vanguard.

Coronet, HP-13, product ID 1694462, Briggs & Stratton Model-21A907, Type- 0131-E1, Hi-Lo RPM 3400~1750 +/- 100

My father has a Coronet. Loves it. His year they put both Briggs and Tecchumsa into them. When his threw a rod he checked into changing over to the Briggs. Pricey due to all the tin and muffler needed to be changed. He found a short block and went that way.

I had one I picked up from a dealer for cheap, had the Tecumseh 12 h.p. with a thrown rod. I overhauled the engine and used it to mow for a summer or so. It is a nice mower, easy to operate. Mine was a hydro, although they did make them with a gear drive also. Because of storage issues, I sold mine, sometimes wish I had it back, even tho I am not a fan of the injun engines.

Steve