Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sluggish Sunstrand

Tarheel

I have an Agco BGB tractor from the last year they were made. The hydro seems to be getting more and more sluggish as time passes.

It is hard to describe j8ust what its doing. It is like there is a delay at times between moving the control and the response. Now it is getting slow pulling a hill. I have other units I can bolt on it but would like to figure out what is going on with this one.

Thanks for any input.

lubricate the linkage to make sure its not binding anywhere next check the plastic roller on the top of the hydro unit at the end of your linkage to see if its worn next check to see if your low on fluid its hard to tell on a sunstrand. hope this helps.

I would follow yukon's suggestions. Does it speed up going downhill? I have had them be sluggish like you described and then speed up going downhill, it was the nylon roller hanging up.

I changed the filter and filled with fluid. Heading out to mow now if the storms don't stop me. I'll lube everything and see what happens.

Yes it does speed up going down hill, But not like the old Vickers which seemed to free wheel.

Thanks for the input.