Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rollers

yukon

need help guys rollers on my legacy deck and my sunstar deck are shot new are 25.00 a piece where do you guys get yours.

Yates rubber products. Great place to do business with. They have what you need, and they can be cut to length. Assuming these are the same as the diameter and bore as the rollers on a Sovereign deck.

Rebuilt the roller bar and rollers on my legacy deck two years ago.Did a lot of looking and found nothing cheap.The bar is 7/8 so the yates stuff won't work,plus,you really need a 3" roller to get the cut height up. Ended up using some nylon tubing from Mcmaster carr and a filler tube over the bar so they would roll better.I don't think a cheap remedy exists.

might as well bite the bullet and buy simplicity i think i could get by with one on either end and one in the middle and put the used ones in between. thanks guys. :D

If the ID is bad (too big), I have is the past bought bronze bushings and used a reamer is a drill press to open up the ID of the roller to the same size of the OD of the bronze bushing.

Probably cheaper to buy a used deck provided the rollers are in good condition. You can always save the idler pulley and the arbors as spares.

I did the new/used route, bought the center and both ends from Simplicity, need to do it gain, considering oil lite bronze pressed into the old ones, might even go to the expense of a sealed bearing, not sure yet. Cheap is not always the best way, and the roller rubbing on the shaft with no lube is not a decent solution to me, anymore. I tend to overkill, though. I even thought and might attempt metal pipe with sealed bearings, or schedule 80 PVC with bearings. I could control the fit with steel pipe, but lose the flexibility with steel. Schedule 80 or 160 should last a long time? (Have buddies in plants)

I just ran across the ones I took off today in the garage.Have seven of them.OD is 2-5/8 and the ID is 1-1/8.All the plastic bushings are intact except one roller.20 bucks incl shipping ups if someone here wants them.