Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sun star electric clutch

tall-guy2

have a clutch for sun star 20hp command (new style, with smaller pulleys) and the straps that hold pulley to drive disk are bent bad. can they be straighten out. does any one have a old clutch that is no good that they would be willing to part with that drive part is good.

I don't know if they can be straightened, but they can be replaced.On my original Homelite electric clutch, one of what I called "fingers" failed. I'm pretty sure it's the part you are asking about. I replaced it with a piece of hacksaw blade. It can be seen in this pic:

FailedElectricClutch_0005.jpg

The above pic is after the second failure. It ran OK for a couple of years, but the pulley was so stress cracked where the "fingers" attached, it wouldn't stay concentric and failed again, although the hacksaw blade did not fail. I was able to purchase a used unit on eBay.

FailedElectricClutch_0005.jpg.5e944b97b71727952d874066fe3780a8.jpg

those are what are bent on mine. they a riveted on and mine have about eight of them. I am do not know if I drill out rivets if I can find new rivets to put back together.

I have a clutch I will sell, it is off from a DA Ultima 1920 with a 20hp Magnum. 1-1/8" shaft and 4" pulleys. The coil will need to be replaced, everything else is good.

wb1920PTO2.JPG

wb1920PTO2.JPG.75c203765e2821ff56a7a841335f00cf.JPG

mine has the 4" pulley.look a little difference than the one I have but mite make one out of the two. What would it cost me for clutch and shipping to 43543. thank you very much for response. Gary

Thw Magnum and Command have different P/N clutches and I am not sure the coils are the same. I do know they are not direct bolt-ons. Went thru that with mine.